River cruises are rising in popularity, and it’s no wonder why. Less passengers, more inclusions, and unpacking once are just a few reasons why people are realizing that river cruising is the best way to explore Europe.
Here’s a list of tips and tricks from Avalon to help you once you get on board your next river cruise ship.
- Get extra closet space by storing your empty luggage under your bed.
- Include binoculars in your luggage. There is so much to see along the shores and it’s fun to be able to look at small castle and vineyard details from your stateroom.
- Never worry about not having a bottle of water handy – every time you leave the leave for the included sightseeing the crew has bottles of water to take and there will always be two bottles of water in the stateroom.
- If you’re looking for a snack, you can find fresh fruit in the Panorama Lounge all day, as well as sweets (cookies, donuts, etc.) in the Club Lounge.
- Ask the Cruise Director or the Captain on times of when you’ll be cruising by scenic landscapes or must-see sights so that you can hang out on the deck or be sure to watch from your stateroom.
- It’s fun to experience the different dining options – the Sky Deck Bistro, the Panorama Bistro, as well the eating in the dining room – different setting, different menu and overall different experience.
- Port talks and the entertainment are very popular – if you want a front-row seat, it is recommended getting to the Panorama Lounge early.
- Don’t forget your included headset for shore excursions – the Local Guides bring the destinations to life with their rich and historical commentary.
- Is there a particular dish that everyone loved? Ask your server at dinner and your chef will provide your travel group with the recipe.
Travel with us on a Select Vacations Avalon river cruise!
Oct 1st - Oct 9th, 2021
Jun 14th - Jun 24th, 2021
Sep 6th - Sep 17th, 2021
Related PostsView More
14 Fantastic Scenic Drives in the US
We all love a good road trip. What’s better than loading up in a car and driving somewhere new? Scenic drives are a little different. We’re talking driving for the sake of driving, journeys that... Read More
Where to go NEXT?
Wondering where to go NEXT? Discover the wild experiences waiting just outside your front door, and find relaxation on the roads less traveled throughout North America. Vermont Vermont is home to... Read More
Creative Incentive Travel Ideas
Rewarding top performers and motivating staff are key tactics for ensuring company success, and it turns out leveraging creative incentive trip ideas may be the key. Many companies are so busy... Read More