With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
NEW CDC REGULATIONS AND WHAT IT MEANS TO YOUR ORGANIZATION
As your resource and advocate for all things travel, it’s our goal to arm you with the information you need to stay in the know and confident on the impact travel regulations and changes thereof... Read More
Fox’s COVID-19 Journey Map Offers Travel Manager Guidance
As 2020 comes to an end and looking ahead to 2021, travel managers are planning for a strong return to travel. With this in mind, and considering today’s ever-changing travel environment,... Read More
Global Furniture Manufacturer Benefits from Fox Waiver Technology
Headlines in travel industry publications tell the story: “Buyers Grapple with Cascade of Unused Air Tickets” (Business Travel News). “Unused Airline Tickets are Driving Corporate Travel Agencies... Read More