With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
Fox World Travel Partners with Traxo
Fox World Travel, a business travel management company (TMC), and Dallas-based Traxo Inc., the world’s leading travel data aggregator, announced today at the Business Travel Show America... Read More
5 Things Your TMC Should Be Doing For You Right Now
What is your TMC doing for you while your travel is stalled? Your role as a travel manager is just as important, if not more, than usual. Many travel managers are getting more questions than ever... Read More
Myth No More: The True Cost of Travel
Now more than ever, organizations are critical of their travel budgets. Determining the seemingly mythical “true cost of a travel” has long been a goal of TMCs, travel managers and accounting... Read More