With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
Aspects to Consider When Evaluating Corporate Travel Options
When coming up for bid, it can be a confusing time for businesses. Wondering what to do next? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. When evaluating what is best for you when approaching then end of your... Read More
How Data Visualization Continues to Evolve the Travel Industry
Post by Fox Chief Information Officer, Sam Hilgendorf You’re probably aware that the data available to you continues to grow, and additional sources for that data seemingly get added daily. In... Read More
Attendee’s Say Fox’s Training Program has Something for Everyone
How you get started and adapt to the constant evolution of corporate travel plays a large role in the success of your travel program. The Fox Professional Travel Certification (FPTC) was designed... Read More